What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
Montai Health was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, funds, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship manages more than $2 billion in funds and has applied its hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster over 75 scientific ventures, including Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY), and more. Flagship’s portfolio companies have aggregated over $19 billion in value, 500+ issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Montai Health is seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated (Senior) Process Development Research Associate to join us in developing a transformative platform for small molecule delivery. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the production of lipid nanoparticles from various sources;
- Analyze particle composition, size, concentration, and purity;
- Develop and refine isolation techniques for lipid nanoparticles;
- Assist in scaling up existing R&D scale isolation and purification processes;
- Work closely with Process Development and Formulation teams to design and execute experiments;
- Independently troubleshoot, solve - problems, and propose solutions related to experiment design and execution;
- Maintain thorough and detailed and organized records of multiple simultaneous projects;
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
- B.S. or M.S. in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, biology, or a related discipline;
- 1+ years professional laboratory experience, experience working in industry is a plus;
- Experience with diverse downstream bioprocessing technologies
- Experience with centrifugation, TFF, dialysis, chromatography, microfluidics or other separation technologies;
- Execution-focused, team-oriented, highly motivated, with ‘No task too small’ attitude and strong work ethic;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects concurrently and collaborate across disciplines;
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with HPLC a plus
Location: Cambridge, MA