Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Tessera is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual that will be focused on development and execution of various separation based analytical methods to support raw materials, lipids, mRNA drug substance and drug product characterization, release, and stability. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
- Analytical method development, qualification, validation and troubleshooting as required.
- Focus on various separation science platforms such as HPLC/UPLC (Size exclusion chromatography, Ion exchange chromatography, reversed phase HPLC).
- Write and review methods and documentation including protocols, SOPs, reporting of testing, analytical method development and validation, and stability studies.
- Maintain a GMP compliant laboratory environment.
- Mentor junior analysts to ensure timely completion of assignments with full data integrity.
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated process development and other teams.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or related field of pharma/biotech experience, M.S. with 2 years of experience or Bachelor of Science with 5 years of experience.
- Strong background in UPLC/HPLC, including familiarity with instrumentation from different vendors, excellent instrument and method troubleshooting skills, as well as knowledge of various data analysis approaches are required.
- Proven capability of evaluating/developing new technologies in an independent manner and be able to propose/design implementation strategies if deemed appropriate (e.g., method comparability approaches).
- Proven ability to adhere to good documentation standards and maintain detailed records of all work performed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry and biology and standard methods of analysis of these molecules.
- Ability to perform complex method development and suggest appropriate method modifications.
- Experienced working with highly technical projects in a fast paced, entrepreneurial setting
- Experience with managing and mentoring of junior scientific staff members.
- Previous experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry is highly desired.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.