Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first redosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring is seeking an Associate Director in Analytical Development to join our Technical Operations team to establish and develop analytical methods and stable formulations for our platform. The candidate will work directly with a team of scientists on synthesis, purification, and scaling, to enable specific therapeutics areas. The candidate will interface with external technology companies, research institutes/universities, and contract manufacturing organizations as required to accelerate the process development efforts. We are searching for driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform.
- Lead analytical development activities to support platform and process development activities and to characterize viruses, proteins, viral vectors
- Technical lead for GMP method development, validation, method transfer, data analysis and reporting to ensure compliance with GCP, GLP and cGMP standards
- Author and review assay development and validation reports, relevant sections of documents pertaining to analytical methods development and documentation for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Act as a CMC lead in analytical development team, lead the design and execution of comparability and stability studies for multiple programs
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership in developing analytical methods for product release testing and product characterization
- Lead strategy and initiatives for analytical team, support in-process assays for process and formulation development
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature, attending conferences, and developing relationships with thought leaders
- Hire, manage and mentor staff. Plan and assign duties to meet departmental and organizational objectives. Provide guidance and direction to staff; establishes expectations, defining roles, supporting career development and managing performance.
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific vision of the company
- M.S./PhD or equivalent in a relevant biological discipline and at least 7+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience
- Deep knowledge of analytical assay development, qualification and validation requirements to comply with current regulatory standards
- Experience in directing the development and validation of molecular biology test methods not limited to PCR (qPCR, ddPCR), LC/MS, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, AUC, and cell-based potency assays
- Proficient in relevant analytical methodology, emerging new technologies, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Familiarity with formulation development for Biologics or, gene therapy development
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Strong management experience and success in developing a scientific team and program