What if… you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
Montai Health was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We’re seeking a multi-year experienced full-stack software engineer to help get our software engineering organization off the ground. In this role you will have authority to determine the stack and influence the architecture. The expectation is that you will start as an individual contributor working across teams, establish the system framework and help build the engineering org from the ground up. The ideal candidate will not only be comfortable working in a blank slate environment, but thrive in it. If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific vision of the company
- Design and build data systems, possibly including web and mobile applications, to acquire to process and store data from laboratory equipment, user input, computation models and clinical trials
- Full stack development, including data modeling, APIs, front-end, and data visualization
We expect the scope of the role to grow with the company, so we’re seeking candidates who are excited to learn new skills and adapt to changing goals
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field
- 5—7 years of hands-on, real world relevant experience
- Experience with modern bioinformatic and cheminformatic databases, schemas, ontologies, etc.
- Demonstrable experience with multiple high level programming languages and frameworks (Node.js, Python Flask, etc)
- Experience with at least one modern front-end framework (React, Vue, Angular)
- Significant knowledge of REST APIs. This includes both REST development and integration with a variety of third party APIs
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL, etc) and strong SQL skills
- Experience with at least one BI software package
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (EC2, S3, RDS, EMR, etc.) preferred
- Experience with scaling computation and data handling and/or working with software platforms such as Snowflake, Big Query, AWS Redshift, etc.