Empress Therapeutics is an early stage biotechnology company pioneering Co-Evolved MoleculesTM, a repertoire of human-experienced chemistries that represent a privileged source of drugs, elite starting points for drugs, and new molecular insights into health and disease.
The Empression product platform uses artificial intelligence and principles from co-evolution and pharmacology to harness patient data and uncover novel disease insights and drug candidates. Our mission is to turn Co-Evolved MoleculesTM into products that can diagnose, prevent, and treat a wide range of serious diseases.
Empress Therapeutics, Inc. was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Empress Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking an experienced, innovative Head of Discovery Biology to build and lead a growing team responsible for discovering biological function of Co-Evolved MoleculesTM, from high throughput multi’omics, translational cell-based assays to MoA & target identification, and in vivo studies. The ideal candidate will have strong expertise in high throughput biology such as transcriptomics, systems biology, RNAi, CRISPR-cas9 KO, and experience in discovery of multiple small molecule drugs across a broad range of target classes. The candidate will be responsible for developing R&D strategy and discovery experiment plans, with a goal of building out an industry-leading platform to deconvolute biological function, interrogate mechanism of actions, and identify targets of Co-Evolved MoleculesTM. The candidate will bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with highly developed leadership skills.
- Build and lead a cutting-edge high throughput biology discovery group, driving massively parallel target ID and MoA
- Expand the company’s external network of advisors and establish deep domain area expertise in early program areas such as immunology, oncology, metabolism and neurology.
- Collaborate closely with the computational discovery group and the drug discovery group to drive a large pipeline of hits to multiple development candidates.
- Set goals and milestones, communicate scientific findings effectively to potential collaborators or investors.
- Build and lead a strong team of Directors, Scientists, and RAs to achieve company milestones.
- Track record of small molecule drug discovery, from hit identification to IND filings.
- Track record of target discovery and validation, across therapeutic areas and target classes; experience working in completely novel biology a plus.
- Therapeutic expertise in immunology, oncology, metabolic disorders or neurobiology.
- Self-driven and demonstrated ability in working with a diverse team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting.