Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of deterministic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and therapeutics that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate is seeking an analytically rigorous and technologically curious Platform Strategist to join the team. You will partner with scientific and business leaders across the company to drive platform data strategy for continual learning within and across modalities, technology evaluation and benchmarking, and overall value creation. You will have a continual focus on accelerating the rate at which Generate’s platform learns and ownership over success metrics and evaluation of platform growth. The successful candidate demonstrates enormous analytical and strategic horsepower and can rapidly explore and evaluate new technologies for rapid advancement of the platform strategy and growth. The successful candidate will be deeply collaborative, an outstanding communicator, and will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Build and drive iterative refinement of platform and modality roadmaps/strategy to maximize impact of Generate’s machine learning platform
- Help build and implement platform benchmarks and success metrics for continual monitoring of improvement across entire platform from computational protein generation to candidate nomination
- Support data tracking, analysis, and modeling of operations to enable informed decision making across talent and resources
- Collaborate with scientific and business leadership to uncover and assess novel technologies or processes to expand platform capabilities and relieve bottlenecks before they arise –through both internal build and business development activity
- Partner with machine learning and biology teams to drive data strategy to allow Generate to learn faster and observe exponential increases in technology capabilities
Pivotal Experience & Expertise:
- Advanced degree in quantitative sciences, applied math with experience in biotech or related fields
- Significant experience (5+ years) in relevant strategy, biotechnology platform building, venture creation, or at top-tier management consulting firm
- Experience working with technologies at the intersection of biology and machine learning highly preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to synthesize information rapidly and effectively
- Ability to parallel process multiple projects and work streams
- Entrepreneurial, thrives in fast-paced environments
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Unmatched sense of urgency
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect