Laronde is a biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Laronde has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional Senior Scientist to join our eRNA Discovery Biology research team.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist who brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate new eRNA medicines for patients.
- Drive the preclinical pipeline development of eRNA programs from discovery to preclinical proof-of-concept studies.
- Design, execute and interpret data for studies in vitro and in vivo in preclinical animal models.
- Support preclinical studies through oversight of interaction with contract research organizations and contribute to relevant data analyze.
- Communicate scientific data and draw appropriate conclusions effectively.
- Develop strategies to ensure effective achievement of broader company scientific objectives.
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects and assist others outside of own project with troubleshooting and methods development.
- Ensure high quality documents for regulatory submissions, manuscripts, abstracts and publications, and timely filing of intellectual property on novel and inventive discoveries.
- PhD in molecular or cell biology, or related disciplines and 3+ years of industry experience will be considered.
- Experience leading teams responsible for conducting in vitro and in vivo studies from discovery to preclinical proof-of-concept.
- Extensive knowledge in developing biochemical and cell-based assays and broad experience using analytical tools for quantification and characterization of RNA.
- Broad experience in vivo pharmacology using rodents and ideally larger animals.
- Experience contributing to project strategy through participation on project teams.
- Demonstrates good judgement balancing technical feasibility, opportunity and impact on pipeline progression.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to capitalize on scientific creativity and insights.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.