About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a privately held, development-stage biotechnology company leveraging its proprietary epigenomic programming platform to biologically engineer a new class of programmable epigenetic medicines, known as Omega Epigenomic Controllers. Using these epigenomic controllers, Omega is seeking to transform the practice of human medicine through highly selective and direct control of the human genome to treat and cure disease.
Omega Therapeutics leverages its pioneering Epigenomic Programming™ platform to identify novel targets, develop first-in-class programmable epigenetic medicines, and enable rational drug development and manufacturing. Omega examines Insulated Genomic Domains (IGDs), the three-dimensional architecture of the human genome and its accompanying regulators and has identified and classified thousands of genomic “zip codes” across the ~15,000 IGDs as new drug targets. Omega’s new class of medicine, called Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, modulate IGDs using therapeutics that can be programmed to precisely up or down regulate single or multi-gene expression with controlled durability. These epigenomic controllers intervene at the pre-transcriptional level and they function without altering the native human genetic code or nucleic acid sequences. Using a rational and robust target identification and validation process, enhanced by a strong computational and data driven foundation, Omega is able to efficiently design and optimize potential epigenomic controllers from its platform. This entirely new and breakthrough approach allows the Company’s product candidates to also drug previously ‘undruggable’ targets across a broad range of diseases.
The Company is strategically pursuing specific disease targets that have not been successfully addressed through conventional modalities, including certain oncology indications, liver disease, serious inflammatory conditions, and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) among others. Omega’s mission is to deliver the transformative therapies of tomorrow.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a HR Operations Manager (commensurate with experience) to join our team. We are looking for an experienced HR Operations Manager to help build out effective and efficient HR processes that support a world class organization. Keen focus on details, ability to manage data and strong interpersonal skills are needed. This candidate will lead the implementation of HRIS, employee handbook, and manage employee data.
- Conduct benefits orientation and assist with the on-boarding process for Corporate New Hires
- Manage the administration and enrollment of all benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Provide information to employees and managers on all benefit-related questions; resolve all employee benefits issues/problems
- Implement HRIS system
- Oversee entry of new hires, terms, changes and other data maintenance in HRIS and ensure necessary information is provided to Payroll accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage leave of absences by answering employees’ questions, preparing FMLA and/or disability letters and paperwork, submitting required paperwork to carrier
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with benefits vendors and consultants; ensure that the administration of plans is effective
- Manage annual open enrollment for benefit plans, including communication regarding plan information to employees, collecting necessary paperwork and processing changes
- Assist in the administration of the 401k plan, which includes enrollment of eligible employees, administration and communication of quarterly open enrollments, processing of 401k loans, withdrawals, distributions and rollovers; coordination of and participation in 401k committee meetings; completion of the annual plan audit
- Process employee workers’ compensation claims, prepare quarterly reports, attend yearly claims review meetings and monitor claims activity and reports from the carrier
- Assist with data collection, distribution, administration and communication of the annual compensation review program
- Manage and Submit the funding for the FSA and HSA plans
- Oversee COBRA elections and terminations
- Assist with the design, preparation, updates and distribution of employee benefits booklets and other employee benefits communications
- Assist in the development of employee handbook outlining policies and procedures
- Ability to work at both the strategic and tactical level and comfortable shifting back and forth is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Experience with FMLA, Leaves of Absence, ADA is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and HRIS experience
- Acute attention to detail
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse population of individuals at all organizational levels
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent
- Three to Five years Biotech experience or equivalent