Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first redosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring is seeking a talented and highly motivated Associate Director of Research Program Management to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to progress our research programs and development of lead candidates to IND. The candidate will be responsible for providing strong leadership and expertise to drive teams (internal and external) to execute on program deliverables and initiatives required to meet the goals of the organization. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists across Ring, as well as the Flagship Pioneering team to rapidly advance the research programs to IND. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, open-minded, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
The Associate Director Research Program Management will:
- Provide high quality program management to an innovative portfolio of exploratory and drug discovery programs from idea through to IND.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the drug discovery process to guide program teams to define the key scientific questions, program strategy and objectives, translating these into optimal deliverables, cross-functional plans, timelines and budgets.
- Partner with the Program Leader to drive and lead the program team.
- Identify and mitigate program risks with input from team members.
- Ensure all decisions made on the program are assessed as to their impact.
- Work closely with Finance and the cross-functional program teams to establish program related budgets and resourcing plans. Is accountable to monitor plans and ensure programs have the required resources and budget.
- Will interface with and drive collaboration between the various teams at Ring
- Work in collaboration with the head of Ring Program Management to build the Ring PMO including defining, establishing, and maintaining the program management tools and systems to enable efficient and effective management, tracking and reporting of the research programs.
- Ensure efficient and effective communications of program related information to all levels of the organization.
- Manage external collaborations associated with their assigned programs.
- Degree in a scientific discipline, ideally life science or chemistry
- 10 years relevant experience in pharma or biotech drug discovery and development, as well as a comprehensive understanding of drug discovery (preclinical).
- 3+ years of Project Management experience in drug discovery and development.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated teambuilding and leadership skills
- Scientific curiosity and passion for discovering new, innovative medicines.
- Openness to embrace new technologies and digital approaches in drug discovery
- Proven track record in driving successful, collaborative drug discovery teams.
- PMP certification
- Gene therapy experience