About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a privately held, development-stage biotechnology company leveraging its proprietary epigenomic programming platform to biologically engineer a new class of programmable epigenetic medicines, known as Omega Epigenomic Controllers. Using these epigenomic controllers, Omega is seeking to transform the practice of human medicine through highly selective and direct control of the human genome to treat and cure disease.
Omega Therapeutics leverages its pioneering Epigenomic Programming™ platform to identify novel targets, develop first-in-class programmable epigenetic medicines, and enable rational drug development and manufacturing. Omega examines Insulated Genomic Domains (IGDs), the three-dimensional architecture of the human genome and its accompanying regulators and has identified and classified thousands of genomic “zip codes” across the ~15,000 IGDs as new drug targets. Omega’s new class of medicine, called Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, modulate IGDs using therapeutics that can be programmed to precisely up or down regulate single or multi-gene expression with controlled durability. These epigenomic controllers intervene at the pre-transcriptional level and they function without altering the native human genetic code or nucleic acid sequences. Using a rational and robust target identification and validation process, enhanced by a strong computational and data driven foundation, Omega is able to efficiently design and optimize potential epigenomic controllers from its platform. This entirely new and breakthrough approach allows the Company’s product candidates to also drug previously ‘undruggable’ targets across a broad range of diseases.
The Company is strategically pursuing specific disease targets that have not been successfully addressed through conventional modalities, including certain oncology indications, liver disease, serious inflammatory conditions, and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) among others. Omega’s mission is to deliver the transformative therapies of tomorrow.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking an Associate Director of Talent Acquisition (commensurate with experience) to join our Human Resources Team. The ideal candidate should be adept at balancing strategic perspective with meeting the immediate demands of a growing life sciences company. The scope of this role includes all facets of the talent acquisition life cycle, spanning but not limited to resource planning, employment branding, strategic sourcing, talent selection and onboarding activities. Additionally, this individual will have the opportunity to partner with the VP, Human Resources in talent management activities like succession planning and leadership development.
- Establish a master resource plan with corresponding recruitment budget to meet the company’s strategic business objectives, in partnership with VP HR and leadership team
- Establish the foundation of a highly effective and responsive talent acquisition function
- Educate hiring managers on best practices conducive to attracting, selecting and retaining top talent
- Steward all activities pertaining to every facet of the recruitment life cycle
- Identify and enact broad based outreach recruitment plans to ensure that the company’s opportunities are highly visible
- Establish and report hiring metrics to gauge degree of recruitment effectiveness
- Identify and engage cost effective sourcing/search solutions including negotiation of favorable terms for the company and effective management of 3rdparty engagements
- Develop position descriptions and partner with HR colleagues to ensure appropriate targeted compensation
- Establish and manage employee referral program and applicant tracking system to ensure compliance to state and federal requirements
- Manage all offer letters to ensure consistency and represent/negotiate offer terms
- Oversee onboarding process for new hires and exit interviews in partnership with other HR colleagues
- Design and implement the employer brand strategy
- Support executive search efforts with VP HR
- Partner on all matters pertaining to talent acquisition life cycle
- Perform general HR duties as directed
- Self-starter with exceptionally keen ability to adeptly navigate all facets of the talent acquisition continuum
- Strong technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems
- Positive thinker who is an effective ambassador of the company and can easily translate company’s scientific and business vision and operating culture into a compelling value proposition to prospective talent of interest to the company
- High energy and respectfully assertive and self-confident without bravado; keen ability to act with urgency and passion
- Adept at multitasking and highly flexible; highly organized with well-developed ability to prioritize and maintain a high level of productivity
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across a diverse stakeholder community; effective relationship builder
- Entrepreneurially minded and accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment
- BA/S in a relevant discipline with minimum of 7 years talent acquisition experience in the life science industry, specifically supporting R&D, is required
- Track record of strong performance in high growth operating environment with specific focus on R&D in biotech/pharma
- Proficient user of leading-edge social media tools, other TA tools and ATS