What if… you could tell the story of an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform human health and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life science platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions.
We are seeking a creative, dynamic, and results-driven individual to join the Communications and Public Affairs team at Flagship Pioneering leading digital strategy as Director, Digital Marketing. The successful candidate will bring a high level of expertise in digital marketing, as well as experience with content strategy and audience development. This individual will play a critical role on a growing team executing exciting and fast paced work in an organization focused on breakthroughs in human health and sustainability. This position is full-time; while currently remote, the role will be based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Build, plan, and implement the overall digital marketing strategy based on Flagship’s goals and objectives
- Identify digital opportunities and map out the inputs needed to develop an effective strategy to execute
- Manage and oversee digital marketing channels including web, email, and social
- Lead digital implementation of content, and related audience development efforts, to ensure reach of organizational and executive news and thought leadership
- Manage digital programming in support of internal and external events series
- Measure ROI and KPIs and perform research, analyze data, and develop key insights and action plans based on campaign results
- Track analytics data and derive insights to be shared with the broader team
- Build and manage to a digital marketing budget
- Research competition, investigate benchmarks and provide suggestions for improvement
- Stay up to date with the latest technology and best practices, and bring innovative ideas to the team for consideration
- Work effectively with multiple stakeholders across senior leadership, and in partnership with marketing agency on specific initiatives as needed
- Oversee and manage one Digital Community Manager
- 5 or more years of experience as a Digital Marketing Director or similar
- 10+ years of marketing and digital strategy experience, including marketing strategy, branding, and digital marketing, preferably with biotech or healthcare
- Experience leading a high visibility digital product, from websites to apps, and ability to work in fast-paced, iterative product development cycles
- Ability to measure, analyze, and report performance on digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals
- Experience inspiring developers, visual and UX designers, and writers
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective and persuasive communication skills
- In depth knowledge of different digital marketing channels
- Good knowledge and experience with online marketing tools and best practices
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with SEO, Google Analytics, CRM and CMS software
- Strong time-management skills
- Interest in, and appreciation for science and entrepreneurship
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.