What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform healthcare and sustainability?
Serqet Therapeutics is one of the latest companies founded through Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics, Rubius Therapeutics, and Evelo Therapeutics were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. Serqet therapeutics is integrating the latest developments in computational and experimental biology to discover novel therapeutics for a broad range of diseases.
The Director of Translation Research will report to the Senior Vice President of Neurobiology and will be responsible for driving the in vivo and translational efforts in a fast-paced small molecule discovery research team. The successful candidate will utilize their scientific and organizational leadership to advance small molecule drug discovery projects from program initiation to selection of development candidates and regulatory submission. Responsibilities include driving scientific research to identify, evaluate, and characterize disease relevant in vivo assays and other fluid / tissue biomarkers to provide efficacy and pharmacodynamic endpoints in preclinical and clinical settings.
- Provide strategic, scientific, and managerial leadership to drive the in vivo and translational scientific efforts
- Develop in vivo and biochemical assays to evaluate efficacy, PK/PD relationships, and novel biomarkers to characterize molecules for potential therapeutic activity and efficacy
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Prepare, review and deliver high quality scientific presentations for internal/external use.
- Serve as translational and in vivo lead (directly and/or indirectly) for multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams in a fast-paced, results-driven biotech environment
- Ph.D. in Neurobiology/Neurophysiology/Neuropharmacology or similar with 10+ years of drug discovery experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- A strong track record of success in delivering clinical candidates
- Broad background in all aspects of drug discovery, with working knowledge of in vivo pharmacology, biomarker identification and translational research, ADME/PK, and in vitro pharmacology
- Extensive experience of managing and delivering high quality studies through CROs and academic collaborators; demonstrated ability to negotiate contracts, develop study protocols and on-time delivery of study reports supporting development candidate nomination and regulatory submissions
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and managerial skills that motivate and inspire others to achieve corporate scientific objectives
- A passion and sense of urgency for delivering important new therapies to patients is essential