What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform healthcare and sustainability?
Serqet Therapeutics is one of the latest companies founded through Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics, Rubius Therapeutics, and Evelo Therapeutics were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. Serqet therapeutics is integrating the latest developments in computational and experimental biology to discover novel therapeutics for a broad range of diseases.
The Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist of Medicinal Chemistry will report to the Senior Vice President of Drug Discovery and will be responsible for driving medicinal chemistry efforts in a fast-paced small molecule discovery research team. The successful candidate will utilize their scientific and organizational leadership to advance small molecule drug discovery projects from program initiation to selection of development candidates.
- Discover and advance novel small molecule drugs into clinical development
- Provide strategic, scientific, and managerial leadership to medicinal chemistry team
- Define, implement, and execute on medicinal chemistry strategies
- Serve as chemistry lead (directly and/or indirectly) for discovery programs
- Collaborate with IP team to create and execute strategy to establish, protect and expand intellectual property
- Plan for and prioritize internal and external medicinal chemistry resources to achieve project goals
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Prepare, review and deliver high quality scientific presentations for internal/external use
- Lead multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams in a fast-paced, results-driven biotech environment
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with 5+ years of drug discovery experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- A strong track record of success in delivering clinical candidates
- Broad background in all aspects of drug discovery, with working knowledge of structural biology, ADME/PK, in vitro assays, and in vivo pharmacology
- Experience in managing chemistry CRO activities and academic collaborators; demonstrated ability to negotiate contracts, develop study protocols and on-time delivery of study reports supporting development candidate nomination and regulatory submissions
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and managerial skills that motivate and inspire others to achieve corporate scientific objectives
- A passion and sense of urgency for delivering important new therapies to patients is essential