About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a privately held, development-stage biotechnology company leveraging its proprietary epigenomic programming platform to biologically engineer a new class of programmable epigenetic medicines, known as Omega Epigenomic Controllers. Using these epigenomic controllers, Omega is seeking to transform the practice of human medicine through highly selective and direct control of the human genome to treat and cure disease.
Omega Therapeutics leverages its pioneering Epigenomic Programming™ platform to identify novel targets, develop first-in-class programmable epigenetic medicines, and enable rational drug development and manufacturing. Omega examines Insulated Genomic Domains (IGDs), the three-dimensional architecture of the human genome and its accompanying regulators and has identified and classified thousands of genomic “zip codes” across the ~15,000 IGDs as new drug targets. Omega’s new class of medicine, called Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, modulate IGDs using therapeutics that can be programmed to precisely up or down regulate single or multi-gene expression with controlled durability. These epigenomic controllers intervene at the pre-transcriptional level and they function without altering the native human genetic code or nucleic acid sequences. Using a rational and robust target identification and validation process, enhanced by a strong computational and data driven foundation, Omega is able to efficiently design and optimize potential epigenomic controllers from its platform. This entirely new and breakthrough approach allows the Company’s product candidates to also drug previously ‘undruggable’ targets across a broad range of diseases.
The Company is strategically pursuing specific disease targets that have not been successfully addressed through conventional modalities, including certain oncology indications, liver disease, serious inflammatory conditions, and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) among others. Omega’s mission is to deliver the transformative therapies of tomorrow.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Scientist to join our integrated Computational Genomics & Data Sciences group as a key contributor in our systems biology and multidimensional omic analysis efforts. The successful candidate will be an essential member of a close-knit team of experimental and computational scientists driving Omega’s platform technologies and supporting a broad set of therapeutic programs. We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented, and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced cross-functional scientific team.
- Develop and apply bioinformatic and systems biology tools to generate insights and hypotheses from high-dimensional molecular data
- Collaborate with bench scientists to identify key program questions, partner in experiment design, and execute targeted computational analysis plans
- Apply integrative analysis and effective visualization techniques to elucidate complex biological processes and mechanisms
- Maintain and execute NGS analysis pipelines for a diverse range of established and novel functional genomics assays
- Curate, organize, and leverage large-scale datasets for effective algorithmic analyses
- Experience solving significant scientific problems within multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in analysis of RNA-seq (bulk or single-cell) and functional genomics assays such as ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, Cut&Run, WGBS, Hi-C, GRO-seq, etc.
- Experience leveraging systems biology and network analysis approaches, along with exposure to other modern statistical inference and biological modeling techniques
- Experience in applying rigorous statistical/analytical methods to drive interpretation of large-scale datasets
- Understanding of CRISPR-based technologies and computational analyses
- Fluency in python or R, with willingness to learn new languages and tools as the field grows
- Experience with Linux HPC environments and cloud computing
- Prior understanding of epigenomics and gene regulation preferred
- Experience with genetics data, GWAS, eQTLs preferred
- Experience with gene-editing data is preferred
- Experience with functional genomic databases (e.g. TCGA, CCLE, ENCODE, DepMap, etc.) is preferred
- Strong presentation and excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities - comfortable delivering against challenging project needs and timelines
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computational Biology or related disciplines.
- Recognized excellence working in multidisciplinary teams as evidenced from peer-reviewed publications and strong references