Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first re-dosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring Therapeutics is seeking a viral immunology Scientist to join the Platform and Biology team to help develop new gene therapies. The successful candidate will be responsible for characterizing the immune profiles of our Anellovectors™. The senior research associate will work as part of a team to design, perform, analyze, and document experiments. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing the immune profile of viruses and/or viral vectors and be capable of executing conclusive experiments and presenting results within the organization and to external audiences. The candidate will interface with equipment companies, research institutes/universities, and contract manufacturing organizations as required to accelerate R&D efforts. This will be a great opportunity to participate in cutting-edge immunology, virology, vectorology, and synthetic biology. We are searching for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working both with a team and independently on various aspects of the viral platform development.
- Design, make, and characterize new viral vectors
- Study the molecular virology of novel human and/or animal viruses
- Supervise research associates supporting key research objectives
- Maintain lab notebooks, and report results to the scientific team
- Ph.D. in immunology, virology, or related field.
- 2-5 years of postdoctoral experience, in academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology settings.
- Experience with
- humoral immunology assays (ELISA, virus neutralization, etc…)
- cellular immunology assays (ELISpot, ICS, etc…)
- innate immunity-related assays
- processing of tissue samples for analysis of DNA, RNA, or protein
- considered a plus: classical virology techniques including virus culture, isolation (e.g., via centrifugation methods, including isopycnic), and quantification (infectivity, transduction assays, plaque assays, TCID, etc…)
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.