Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Research Associate/ Sr. Research Associate will be responsible to support the therapeutic development of Gene Rewriter technology. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
- Perform in vitro cell-based assays and molecular biology techniques
- Develop, validate and optimize disease-relevant assays from in vitro and in vivo models
- Process samples and perform assays to support in vivo studies
- BS/MS (non-PhD role) in biological sciences plus 2+ years of academic or industrial research experience
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, cell-based and molecular biology assays including mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays, qPCR, western blot/ELISA
- Attention to detail, critical analysis of data, and good troubleshooting ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work as part of a team
- Must be flexible and willing to work across multiple projects
- Quick learner and team player
- Experience with primary cell culture or iPSCs development
- Experience with NGS, FACS or IHC/histology
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).