Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
Montai Health was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, funds, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship manages more than $2 billion in funds and has applied its hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster over 75 scientific ventures, including Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY), and more. Flagship’s portfolio companies have aggregated over $19 billion in value, 500+ issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Montai Health is seeking a highly independent and innovative high throughput biologist to join their highly interdisciplinary team. A successful candidate will be a key contributor to a broad- range of platform and pipeline projects, responsible for developing human disease relevant assays using established & novel methods, and generating large data sets across a broad range of biological areas. An ideal candidate will have experience working with a range of cellular and biochemical assays, worked with a broad range of cell types including iPSCs and primary cells. Additionally, automation and protocol design experience are preferred. Experience with high-throughput and miniaturized assays (384 well formats), multiplexed assays, and HTS/automation workflows is preferred is a plus. This candidate should have a strong track record for innovation in the field. This candidate will focus on all disease areas that Montai is exploring, with primary emphasis on immunology, metabolism, cardiovascular, chronic & infectious disease, or oncology.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of new assays that are suitable for HTS workflows as a key member of the discovery team
- Collaborate with platform team to miniaturize cell-based and biochemical assays for HTS workflow
- Lead, plan, and execute large-scale screening experiments in a range of biochemical and cell-based assays.
- Propose innovative new techniques and explore latest technologies in the field
- Analyze and interpret data and propose new experiments based on experimental results
- Work with computational team to store, synthesize, and leverage resulting high-throughput data
- Clearly communicating complex datasets and experiments to various stakeholders
- Sc. or Ph.D. in biology, molecular biology, immunology, metabolism or related discipline, with 3+ years of industry research preferred
- Operational understanding of lab automation software and robotic process design
- Experience in automated molecular screens within pharmaceutical, biotech, or nutritional industries
- Experience leading or supporting projects in various health and disease areas, such as metabolism, immunology, oncology, and others
- Experience with HTS screening datasets and analysis.
- Experience with subset of broad set of experimental tools and techniques including, but not limited to, bulk and single cell transcriptomics, multiplexed cytokine, Flow cytometry, high-content imaging, and receptor-ligand binding assays
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly innovative, motivated, and driven
- Strong verbal, written communication, and problem-solving skills
Location: Cambridge, MA