Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first re-doseable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring Therapeutics is seeking a molecular biology senior research associate to join the Platform and Biology team to help develop new DNA medicine technologies. This BS or MS-level researcher will be responsible for utilizing a variety of molecular cloning techniques to create novel plasmids. The research associate will work as part of a team to design, execute, and validate the DNA constructs. The ideal candidate will have experience with traditional cloning techniques as well as assembly methods (MoClo, Gibson, etc.) often used in synthetic biology. We are searching for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working both with a team and independently on various aspects of the synthetic biology platform development.
- Follow experimental protocols related to cloning, bacterial propagation and plasmid DNA isolation.
- Perform, troubleshoot, and analyze molecular cloning experiments to support company objectives
- Maintain electronic lab notebooks, and communicate results to the scientific team
- Prepare large scale plasmid stocks; establish and maintain records for plasmid database.
- Work independently and collaborate with scientific colleagues in support of team goals
- Adhere to laboratory safety requirements and procedures
- B.S./B.A. in Biology or related field with 0-2 years molecular biology and cloning research experience in an academic or industry setting. MS degree considered a plus.
- Candidates must have hands-on experience in the following molecular biology techniques:
- Bacterial transformation, culture, plating
- Plasmid and genomic DNA purification
- Molecular cloning (e.g., traditional, Golden Gate, Gibson, etc.)
- PCR, gel electrophoresis, gel imaging
- Sanger DNA sequencing experience is a plus.
- Excellent aseptic technique; demonstrated knowledge with general micro/molecular biology techniques.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments
- Self-motivating and adaptable to evolving project priorities and responsibilities
- Confident, execution-focused, team-oriented