Flagship Labs 78 (FL78) is a well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering an innovative approach to therapeutic discovery and development. FL78 was founded through Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), and Editas Medicines (EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Are you a highly motivated Molecular Biologist who wants to develop the next breakthrough discovery and therapeutics platform? We are seeking a determined, impact-driven Scientist with a results-driven attitude and attention to detail who will drive relentless innovation and optimization. As one of the first five employees, you would join a dynamic, diverse and inclusive team with ample opportunity to grow into a leadership role as we expand.
- Develop and implement processes for high throughput library generation and analysis
- Develop and execute NGS and other nucleic acid technologies that underly our platform technology
- Perform molecular assays and techniques including PCR, cloning, mutagenesis, and plasmid preparation
- Collaborate closely with our microfluidics and biology teams
- Generate and analyze high diversity plasmid libraries
- Produce, analyze and communicate scientific insights to the scientific and management teams
- PhD in molecular biology or related disciplines
- Deep experience in high-throughput molecular biology, including advanced molecular cloning techniques
- Experience in NGS library processes including single cell library preparation, sequencing, and analysis
- Experience in high diversity DNA library generation and analysis
- Bioinformatics and statistics skills, including experience with Python or Matlab
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results independently and collaboratively
- Adaptive and a quick learner, efficient in multi-tasking and troubleshooting
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.