What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship Labs 83, Inc. (FL83) is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering the development of a new class of biotherapeutics based on new chemistries. FL83 is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional molecular biologist to join our team.
FL83 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY) and Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, more than 500 issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Are you a highly motivated molecular biologist interested in developing, learning and applying your skills to develop impactful new medicines? If so, FL83 is looking for you. We are looking for individuals to join our early team as one of the first five employees. You will have the opportunity to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, working both independently and as part of a highly integrated team. Please apply if you are ready to join a dynamic team, have determination to succeed at the bench, and are willing to grow into a leadership role in the company as it expands.
- Plan, design and execute critical in vitro and in vivo assays focused on characterizing a new class of biotherapeutics
- Perform deep molecular characterizations of this new class of medicines, including multiple in vitro biochemical studies
- Characterize biologics in vivo including activity, pharmacokinetics and immunogenicity
- Collaborate across cross-functional scientific teams in establishing the design principles for a new class of large molecules
- Analyze, interpret, document and present data to scientific and leadership team
- Work within an entrepreneurial, collaborative and interdisciplinary team to actively contribute to creating, shaping, and executing the vision of the company
- PhD in biology, chemistry, chemical biology or a related discipline
- Experience with both in vitro and in vivo assays, including working with a variety of biological materials (tissues, blood, primary cells, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results independently
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a cross-disciplinary team, external contractors and members of other functional teams such chemistry and data science.
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.