About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a privately held, development-stage biotechnology company leveraging its proprietary epigenomic programming platform to biologically engineer a new class of programmable epigenetic medicines, known as Omega Epigenomic Controllers. Using these epigenomic controllers, Omega is seeking to transform the practice of human medicine through highly selective and direct control of the human genome to treat and cure disease.
Omega Therapeutics leverages its pioneering Epigenomic Programming™ platform to identify novel targets, develop first-in-class programmable epigenetic medicines, and enable rational drug development and manufacturing. Omega examines Insulated Genomic Domains (IGDs), the three-dimensional architecture of the human genome and its accompanying regulators and has identified and classified thousands of genomic “zip codes” across the ~15,000 IGDs as new drug targets. Omega’s new class of medicine, called Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, modulate IGDs using therapeutics that can be programmed to precisely up or down regulate single or multi-gene expression with controlled durability. These epigenomic controllers intervene at the pre-transcriptional level and they function without altering the native human genetic code or nucleic acid sequences. Using a rational and robust target identification and validation process, enhanced by a strong computational and data driven foundation, Omega is able to efficiently design and optimize potential epigenomic controllers from its platform. This entirely new and breakthrough approach allows the Company’s product candidates to also drug previously ‘undruggable’ targets across a broad range of diseases.
The Company is strategically pursuing specific disease targets that have not been successfully addressed through conventional modalities, including certain oncology indications, liver disease, serious inflammatory conditions, and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) among others. Omega’s mission is to deliver the transformative therapies of tomorrow.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Research Associate to join our cancer biology team. The successful candidate will assist in the development and advancement of our transcription modulation programs, from early development to proof-of-concept and beyond. The successful candidate must be a scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of conducting and critically analyzing experiments with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will collaborate with senior project scientists and other research associates to design and complete in vitro proof-of-concept and in vivo translational studies on aggressive timelines.
We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented, and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced scientific team.
- Utilize technical knowledge of cell and molecular biology tools to support platform build and therapeutic program development
- Must be comfortable following developed protocols, with a demonstrable ability to learn and assist in developing new techniques and assays
- Provide support for cell-based assays and optimization of new sequencing-based protocols
- Assist in management of day-to-day laboratory operations including maintenance of equipment, as well as reagent tracking, ordering, and receiving
- Well versed in techniques that include but are not limited to mammalian cell culture, transfection, flow cytometry-based analysis, RNA/DNA/protein isolation and analysis, qPCR, and gel electrophoresis
- Detail oriented, well organized and comfortable working with high-throughput assay formats
- Working knowledge of chromatin and/or epigenetics
- Previous experience in next-generation sequencing, ChIP, and bisulfite conversion techniques is a plus
- Strong presentation and excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with diligent notetaking, ELN records and adherence to SOPs
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities; comfortable delivering against challenging project needs and timelines
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Cell or Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cancer Biology or a related field with 1-3+ years industry experience