About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a privately held, development-stage biotechnology company leveraging its proprietary epigenomic programming platform to biologically engineer a new class of programmable epigenetic medicines, known as Omega Epigenomic Controllers. Using these epigenomic controllers, Omega is seeking to transform the practice of human medicine through highly selective and direct control of the human genome to treat and cure disease.
Omega Therapeutics leverages its pioneering Epigenomic Programming™ platform to identify novel targets, develop first-in-class programmable epigenetic medicines, and enable rational drug development and manufacturing. Omega examines Insulated Genomic Domains (IGDs), the three-dimensional architecture of the human genome and its accompanying regulators and has identified and classified thousands of genomic “zip codes” across the ~15,000 IGDs as new drug targets. Omega’s new class of medicine, called Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, modulate IGDs using therapeutics that can be programmed to precisely up or down regulate single or multi-gene expression with controlled durability. These epigenomic controllers intervene at the pre-transcriptional level and they function without altering the native human genetic code or nucleic acid sequences. Using a rational and robust target identification and validation process, enhanced by a strong computational and data driven foundation, Omega is able to efficiently design and optimize potential epigenomic controllers from its platform. This entirely new and breakthrough approach allows the Company’s product candidates to also drug previously ‘undruggable’ targets across a broad range of diseases.
The Company is strategically pursuing specific disease targets that have not been successfully addressed through conventional modalities, including certain oncology indications, liver disease, serious inflammatory conditions, and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) among others. Omega’s mission is to deliver the transformative therapies of tomorrow.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Director/Associate Director, Immunology (commensurate with experience) to join our discovery team to develop and advance our transcription modulation programs, from early development to proof-of-concept and beyond. The successful candidate must be scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, conducting and critically analyzing experiments. The successful candidate will collaborate with other senior project scientists and research associates to design and complete in vitro proof-of-concept and in vivo translational studies on aggressive timelines.
We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced scientific team.
- Lead all drug discovery research activities from lead generation to IND and contribute to early clinical studies related to the programs
- Play a leading role in selecting new indications in this space for exploratory work (in addition to driving existing projects)
- Work cross functionally towards a continuous output of development compounds which address the unmet medical need in various disease indications within the immunology area
- Build and manage an attractive program portfolio and help to establish Omega as a recognized and competitive company in the Immunology area
- Support and pursue necessary external collaborations, establish in vivo models at CROs including PD, sub-chronic and chronic disease models
- Lead and manage a team of 3-4 and grow the team to appropriately resource a growing program pipeline
- Interface with various teams at Omega: Computational Biology, Formulation, Early Development and the Omega leadership team
- PhD scientist in biology/pharmacology fields with profound knowledge of immunology across multiple indications
- Previous relevant program leading experience in pharma or biotech drug discovery for at least 10 years, as well as a comprehensive understanding of drug development in this space
- Has led at least 1 program from early discovery to IND in Immunology; experience with IND enabling studies and compiling regulatory study reports for IND submission
- Proven track record in driving collaborative approaches in drug discovery with internal as well as external partners
- Ideally strong experience in pharmacology and physiology
- Scientific curiosity and ability to think beyond a particular disease indication
- Openness to embrace new technologies and digital approaches in drug discovery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership experience with both line management and matrix environment