What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship VL59, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company leveraging novel insights in RNA biology. Flagship VL59’s proprietary platform identifies novel disease targets and develops new therapeutic modalities targeting RNA, providing new strategies to treat or cure a range of diseases including rare genetic disease, neurological disease, and oncology.
Flagship VL59, Inc. was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate or Associate Scientist in biology to join our passionate team of scientists. The candidate will work closely with VL59 scientists to advance multiple aspects of our R&D engine, including: building a state-of-the-art design-make-test platform for established and new therapeutic modalities, and advancing our proprietary therapeutics programs, from target ID to early drug discovery and beyond.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. The candidate will be dedicated to develop and grow outside his/her comfort zone by constantly learning.
- Design, synthesize, and characterize RNA constructs for therapeutic applications
- Design, execute and troubleshoot biochemistry and molecular biology experiments as well as data analysis.
- Development and maintenance of cell lines (including engineered, primary, or other mammalian lines)
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data to prepare clearly articulated experimental reports and communicate the results of the projects at internal meetings
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific and strategic vision of the company
- M.S. or B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or related field with 2+ years of industry research experience.
- Strong experimental skills with experience in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and/or assay development
- Experience in RNA biology techniques including in vitro transcription and molecular biology techniques including PCR, qPCR, ELISA and western blotting
- Experience with handling nucleic acids (preparation and purification)
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Confident execution focused, team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and/or fast protein liquid chromatography (FPLC) is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in early drug discovery is highly desired