Flagship Labs 68, Inc. is a well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company founded by Flagship Pioneering that is primed to revolutionize cell therapeutics. Since early 2020, FL68 scientists have been characterizing a novel, but overlooked, cell behavior and built the foundation for exploiting this behavior for an entirely new type of cellular therapeutic. FL68 is currently hiring for several roles to rapidly expand on this early work and to pursue a multi-modality platform with the potential to generate cures across a diverse landscape of diseases. In the next 1-2 years, the company seeks to reduce this therapeutic model to practice, demonstrate usefulness across a range of applications, and complete pre-clinical proof-of-concept studies. We are seeking highly motivated and uniquely creative scientists to push our science to the next level and create truly novel medicines.
FL68 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
FL68 is seeking a capable and highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join us as a founding member of our cell therapy team. This role will require substantial hands-on experience working with a diversity of mammalian cell lines and primary cells and in conducting routine immunological assays. Working with a cross-functional team, they will assist in the development and optimization our cell-based assays. The candidate will bring an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrate strong communication skills, and be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment.
- Contribute to the design and execution of in vitro and in vivo experiments aimed to develop and optimize our novel cell therapy platform.
- Work collaboratively with scientists and research associates on other internal teams to evaluate and integrate new components of the platform.
- Identify and proactively troubleshoot technical issues, implementing solutions under limited supervision.
- Maintain multiple adherent and suspension cell lines.
- Isolate primary cells from blood and tissues.
- Assist in the maintenance of instruments and in reagent and supply ordering/inventory.
- Maintain and support safe lab practices and environment.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols.
- B.S. or M.S. in life sciences, cell biology, immunology or related field with 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience working with a diversity of mammalian cell lines is required.
- Experience with primary mammalian cell isolation and culturing is a plus.
- Experience with basic flow cytometry sample preparation and data acquisition is required; advanced experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Well organized, possesses extreme attention to detail, strong desire to make an impact.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting.
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.