About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a privately held, development-stage biotechnology company leveraging its proprietary epigenomic programming platform to biologically engineer a new class of programmable epigenetic medicines, known as Omega Epigenomic Controllers. Using these epigenomic controllers, Omega is seeking to transform the practice of human medicine through highly selective and direct control of the human genome to treat and cure disease.
Omega Therapeutics leverages its pioneering Epigenomic Programming™ platform to identify novel targets, develop first-in-class programmable epigenetic medicines, and enable rational drug development and manufacturing. Omega examines Insulated Genomic Domains (IGDs), the three-dimensional architecture of the human genome and its accompanying regulators and has identified and classified thousands of genomic “zip codes” across the ~15,000 IGDs as new drug targets. Omega’s new class of medicine, called Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, modulate IGDs using therapeutics that can be programmed to precisely up or down regulate single or multi-gene expression with controlled durability. These epigenomic controllers intervene at the pre-transcriptional level and they function without altering the native human genetic code or nucleic acid sequences. Using a rational and robust target identification and validation process, enhanced by a strong computational and data driven foundation, Omega is able to efficiently design and optimize potential epigenomic controllers from its platform. This entirely new and breakthrough approach allows the Company’s product candidates to also drug previously ‘undruggable’ targets across a broad range of diseases.
The Company is strategically pursuing specific disease targets that have not been successfully addressed through conventional modalities, including certain oncology indications, liver disease, serious inflammatory conditions, and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) among others. Omega’s mission is to deliver the transformative therapies of tomorrow.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Senior Scientist (commensurate with experience) to join our integrated Computational Genomics & Data Sciences group as a lead contributor in our functional genomics efforts. The successful candidate will be an essential member of a close-knit team of experimental and computational scientists driving Omega’s platform technologies and supporting a broad set of therapeutic programs. We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented, and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced cross-functional scientific team.
- Identification, design, and execution of NGS-based functional genomics assays that address core R&D needs in cell state mapping and therapeutic molecular validation
- Collaborate across platform and program teams to develop and scale fit-for-purpose genomic solutions across a variety of sequencing and other molecular and cellular assay technologies
- Management and mentorship of small laboratory team
- Establish and manage strategic collaborations with CROs & vendors for critical assays as needs arise.
- Manage NGS-related operations and workstreams.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management and organizations skills; adaptive
- Expertise in molecular biology techniques, including experience with NGS assays such as RNA-seq (bulk or single-cell), ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, Cut&Run, WGBS, Hi-C, GRO-seq, etc., and along with exposure to analytical processing and interpretation of such data
- Hands-on experience with NGS library processing and operation of Illumina instruments
- Experience in high-throughput automation technologies, such as Tecan liquid handing
- Familiarity with cell-based assays such as flow cytometry, western blot, qPCR, ELISA, etc
- Prior understanding of epigenomic and gene regulation preferred
- Experience with CRISPR-based or other gene editing technologies preferred
- Strong presentation and excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related fields with 1-3y of industry experience
- Recognized excellence working in multidisciplinary teams; peer-reviewed publication record and strong references