About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a privately held, development-stage biotechnology company leveraging its proprietary epigenomic programming platform to biologically engineer a new class of programmable epigenetic medicines, known as Omega Epigenomic Controllers. Using these epigenomic controllers, Omega is seeking to transform the practice of human medicine through highly selective and direct control of the human genome to treat and cure disease.
Omega Therapeutics leverages its pioneering Epigenomic Programming™ platform to identify novel targets, develop first-in-class programmable epigenetic medicines, and enable rational drug development and manufacturing. Omega examines Insulated Genomic Domains (IGDs), the three-dimensional architecture of the human genome and its accompanying regulators and has identified and classified thousands of genomic “zip codes” across the ~15,000 IGDs as new drug targets. Omega’s new class of medicine, called Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, modulate IGDs using therapeutics that can be programmed to precisely up or down regulate single or multi-gene expression with controlled durability. These epigenomic controllers intervene at the pre-transcriptional level and they function without altering the native human genetic code or nucleic acid sequences. Using a rational and robust target identification and validation process, enhanced by a strong computational and data driven foundation, Omega is able to efficiently design and optimize potential epigenomic controllers from its platform. This entirely new and breakthrough approach allows the Company’s product candidates to also drug previously ‘undruggable’ targets across a broad range of diseases.
The Company is strategically pursuing specific disease targets that have not been successfully addressed through conventional modalities, including certain oncology indications, liver disease, serious inflammatory conditions, and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) among others. Omega’s mission is to deliver the transformative therapies of tomorrow.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Senior Research Associate to join our integrated Computational Genomics & Data Sciences group as a key contributor in our functional genomics efforts. The successful candidate will be an essential member of a close-knit team of experimental and computational scientists driving Omega’s platform technologies and supporting a broad set of therapeutic programs. We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented, and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced cross-functional scientific team.
- Execution of NGS-based functional genomics assays that address core R&D needs in cell state mapping and therapeutic molecular validation
- Collaborate across platform and program teams to help develop and support fit-for-purpose NGS solutions and molecular and cellular assay technologies
- Assist in plasmid design, cloning, and execution of specialized molecular assays; generate and maintain mammalian cell lines when needed
- Maintain lab organization and inventories for NGS-related workstreams.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management and organizations skills; adaptive
- Experience with molecular biology techniques, including exposure to functional genomic NGS assays (e.g. RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with NGS library processing and operation of Illumina instruments
- Exposure to high-throughput automation technologies, such as Tecan liquid handing preferred
- Familiarity with cell-based assays such as flow cytometry, western blot, qPCR, ELISA, etc. preferred
- Prior understanding of epigenomic and gene regulation preferred
- Exposure to CRISPR-based or other gene editing technologies preferred
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills
- BS/BA or MS in Cell or Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related fields
- Industry experience preferred