Flagship Labs 68, Inc. is a well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company founded by Flagship Pioneering that is primed to revolutionize cell therapeutics. Since early 2020, FL68 scientists have been characterizing a novel, but overlooked, cell behavior and built the foundation for exploiting this behavior for an entirely new type of cellular therapeutic. FL68 is currently hiring for several roles to rapidly expand on this early work and to pursue a multi-modality platform with the potential to generate cures across a diverse landscape of diseases. In the next 1-2 years, the company seeks to reduce this therapeutic model to practice, demonstrate usefulness across a range of applications, and complete pre-clinical proof-of-concept studies. We are seeking highly motivated and uniquely creative scientists to push our science to the next level and create truly novel medicines.
FL68 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
FL68 is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Senior Research Associate or Associate Scientist to assemble our in-house cell engineering strategies and validate novel target discovery approaches. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge in cell biology and expertise in diverse cell engineering methods such as CRISPR, Transposons, non-viral gene transfer including electroporation, and molecular cloning techniques. This individual will drive parallel cell prototyping efforts to modify and optimize human primary cells for use in our entirely unique cell therapy approach. The candidate will bring an entrepreneurial spirit, be independent, goal oriented, demonstrate strong communication skills, and be comfortable to collaborate and contribute to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment.
- Design, implement and troubleshoot transposon and CRISPR-based genome editing in human cells
- Implement non-viral gene delivery methods, including transposon and CRISPR-mediated genome integration
- Design and implement molecular cloning approaches
- Systematically validate and optimize each cell modification for in vitro and in vivo applications
- Design and manage mouse studies to validate desired cell behaviors in vivo
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data to prepare experimental reports and communicate the results of the projects at internal and external meetings.
- Collaborate with teams to facilitate discovery for preclinical proof-of-concept and IND-enabling studies.
- Manage experiments conducted through CROs
- Proactively review literature to contribute to new ideas and technologies
- BS or MS with at least 2 years relevant biotech experience in gene and cell engineering
- Strong experimental skills with DNA and RNA biology techniques including PCR, qPCR, western blot, Immunofluorescence microscopy, plasmid, RNA, primer and gRNA designs
- Experienced with primary human cell culture, cell-based biological assay development, and cell phenotype analysis including flow cytometry and imaging techniques
- Experience with multicolor cell sorting is a plus
- Experience with non-viral gene delivery methods is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Team oriented, highly motivated, execution focused with strong work ethic
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.