Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate is seeking to expand the Research & Development team by recruiting a talented Scientist to play a leading role in driving our early discovery programs. This position would be responsible for assay development and execution for target validation and using integrated screening platform to generate high quality data to enable machine learning model development for lead optimization of large molecule therapeutics (antibody and mini proteins). The ideal applicant should have a strong background in cell-based assay development in HTS format, deep understanding of molecular and cellular pharmacology including (but not limited to) target binding, bias signaling, allosteric modulation. We are seeking individuals with high academic excellence and self-started mentality: confident, passionate, persuasive. The ideal applicant has demonstrated entrepreneurial behaviors and ability to solve complex scientific problems.
- Develop biochemical or cell-based assays to assess binding and functions of novel therapeutics targeting membrane proteins (GPCR, ion channel, transporters etc)
- Interpret, visualize, and present data, provide general assay development and drug discovery expertise in lab meetings.
- Identify and lead external research relationships with academic and commercial partners. Manage CROs to perform screening campaigns.
- Collaborate with protein engineers as well as data scientists and machine learning engineers in a matrix environment.
- Drive creativity in experimental design and troubleshooting to rapidly onboard new capabilities and prototype new ideas.
- PhD in biochemistry, pharmacology, or related areas with 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in assay development techniques such as flow cytometry, reporter gene, ELISA, HTRF etc.
- Expertise in cell culture techniques including maintaining primary/immortalized cells and transient transfection.
- Experience in 384w assay systems, lab automation instruments and write Python/R scripts is a plus.
- Familiarity with computational and/or biochemical protein engineering techniques is a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with peers.