What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform healthcare and sustainability?
Serqet Therapeutics is one of the latest companies founded through Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics, Rubius Therapeutics, and Evelo Therapeutics were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. Serqet therapeutics is integrating the latest developments in computational and experimental biology to discover novel therapeutics for a broad range of diseases.
Serqet Therapeutics is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our Translational Biology team focusing on developing and implementing new assays for our drug discovery programs. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Translational Biology team by conducting bench level experiments to support ongoing target and pathway validation and screening and therapeutic discovery efforts. They will conduct research from experimental design and execution through data analysis and verbal and written communication of the results, and this work will require problem solving, such as identifying technical problems, revising protocols, and investigating alternative methods. The individual will interact and collaborate closely with other scientists, will be involved in collaborative efforts across research groups.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary effort to discover novel therapeutics
- Design and implement cell biology and biochemistry experiments to support the overall research goals of the Discovery Biology Group
- Maintain key experimental resources for implementing experiments, including maintaining cell cultures
- Clearly communicate results and recommendations to colleagues, managers, and senior management, while providing technique-based advice on project decision-making
- Serve as crucial team member in a small but growing biology lab
- Maintain diligent and organized records
- BS 2+ years’ experience or MS in biology or related fields
- Experience with mammalian cell culture required
- Experience with cellular imaging desirable
- Experience with biochemical analysis such as immunoprecipitations and western blots required
- Experience with basic molecular biology (e.g. cloning, mutagenesis, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR)
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent documentation skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication of experimental results a must