Laronde is a biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Laronde has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional Sr Research Associate to join our In Vivo Pharmacology team.
We are looking for a Senior Research Associate who brings enthusiasm, scientific rigor and a desire to perform in vivo pharmacology studies for the development novel eRNA therapies.
- Contribute to study design, planning and performing in vivo studies related to pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and efficacy studies from early exploratory to IND stage
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to:
- execute in vivo studies internally and coordinate externally (CRO, academic lab)
- analyze in vivo experiments and present experimental findings
- perform various in vitro / ex vivo analyses in generated animal samples
- author study reports
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- BS or MS in pharmacology, animal science, immunology, neurobiology or related discipline, with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Strong rodent animal handling skills and hands-on in vivo pharmacology skills, including dosing (IV, SC, IP and PO), preparation of test compounds, dosing, anesthesia, necropsy, blood and tissue collection for PK and PD biomarker analysis
- Skilled in small animal surgery preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Strong presence, sense of urgency and priorities as well as flexibility in working schedule to accommodate weekend work