FL-82, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company developing a novel cell therapy platform. FL-82 is leveraging single cell transcriptomics to identify novel cell types to treat or cure a range of diseases including infectious disease, rare genetic disease and cancer.
FL-82, Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering in the Flagship Labs innovation foundry, where companies such as Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT), Sana Biotechnology, and Indigo Agriculture were conceived and created. Flagship has created over 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and 50+ clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a scientist in immunology to join our passionate team of scientists. You will have the unique opportunity to take an active role in building our proprietary cell therapy platform. You will implement platform tools and create new technologies to test and develop novel cell therapies for a wide range of disease targets.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. He/She will be dedicated to develop and grow outside his/her comfort zone by constantly learning.
- Design, execution and troubleshooting of in vitro studies using human primary cell culture
- Development of novel, innovative, high-throughput assays cell identification and downstream functional assay screens using primary human cells in vitro
- Development and optimization of cell differentiation processes
- Design, development and execution of in vivo protocols for assessing therapeutic efficacy in gastrointestinal sites
- Establish robust cell sorting, gating and enrichment protocols using human primary cells
- Design, execution and troubleshooting of in vivo studies
- Analysis, interpretation, documentation and presentation of data to scientific and management team.
- Oversee, mentor and train research associates.
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature, attending conferences, and developing relationships with thought leaders.
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific and strategic vision of the company.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related field, with an emphasis in human primary cell culture
- Post-doctoral research or 2+ years of industry experience is preferred
- Deep expertise in immunology, with a focus on gastrointestinal biology
- Strong background in development of cell-based assays and differentiation protocols
- Experience with in vivo models preferred
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with attention to detail and eagerness to contribute ideas.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Candidate must be confident, execution-focused, and team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment