Flagship Labs 81, Inc. (FL81) is a well-funded, early-stage stealth biotechnology company developing first-in-class therapeutic platforms to modulate cellular health to transform the care of human diseases.
FL81 was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
FL81 is seeking a talented Research Associate with broad experiences in molecular biology to support the development of a novel therapeutic discovery platform that interrogates rare cell behaviors and mechanisms. This individual will advance our R&D efforts through executing a variety of molecular biology techniques, in vitro models of numerous human tissues and diseases, and compound screening and target discovery.
- Drive scientific and R&D efforts by conducting experiments and various assays
- Support the implementation of a novel target discovery platform consisting of medium- and high-throughput cell-based assays that are quantitative and will enable phenotypic discovery
- Conduct experiments that incorporate appropriate assay controls and statistical parameters to ensure data quality, and perform respective data analyses
- Collaborate and communicate with other team members across various functional areas
- Deliver and present rigorous data packages and incisive analyses that inform and enable project progression
Key Skills and Experiences
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in cell biology, chemical biology, immunology, or related field
- Candidates with 1-2+ years of startup or industry experience in in vitro pharmacology and/or HTS screening is preferred
- Hands-on expertise in flow cytometry/FACS and/or immunofluorescent microscopy is required
- Hands-on expertise in a variety of other molecular biology techniques is preferred
- Hands-on expertise in the isolation of proteins, lipids, and nucleic acids for quantitative analytics is preferred
- Hands-on expertise in mammalian cell culture of primary cells and/or cell lines, with past experiences in human neuronal, cardiovascular, hepatic, and/or immunological cell types is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly convey complex messages to many audiences
- Confident, execution-focused, team-oriented