Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and vital driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM plays a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of many important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating ThanokineTM Biology to treat cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Due to the expansion of our R&D capabilities, we are currently on the hunt for an Associate Director, Functional Genomics to join our Target Discovery group, which is focused on identifying novel targets and first-in-class drug concepts to treat serious diseases based on new insights into Thanokine Biology.
As the Associate Director, Functional Genomics, you will have a strong track record and hands-on expertise in target/lead identification and validation methodologies. You will play a pivotal role in developing Inzen’s novel target discovery platform. You will be leading scientific projects and leveraging their expertise in cell and molecular biology methods across a broad spectrum of diseases to identify novel therapeutic targets. You will collaborate with multi-disciplinary scientists for target discovery, being a key contributor generating functional genomics data. You will champion innovative scientific concepts, execute experimental plans, and create data packages that will lead to novel drug concepts against these targets. Also, you will be providing leadership to a small team of scientists and research associates, providing on-going training and mentorship.
As a top candidate, you will have a track record of accomplishments in developing and executing innovative assays and methodologies. They should be an innovative scientist, comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. Your novel target discoveries have the potential to lead to major breakthroughs within our drug discovery research.
- Play a leading role in implementing the Inzen Target Discovery Platform.
- Design, optimize, and execute cellular assays to enable functional genomics screening aimed at identifying novel thanokine targets.
- Engineer cell models in disease-relevant systems for hit validation
- Perform mechanism of action studies, including analysis of protein levels, gene expression, and pathway activity to validate and advance functional genomics targets.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues on our therapeutic area teams to develop assay strategies for primary screens and secondary assays.
- Independently summarize, analyze, and regularly present work internally and externally.
- Contribute to development of automated processes, data analysis methods, and advanced assay technologies.
- Keep abreast of current literature and lead external collaborations.
- Ph.D. in biology, microbiology, bio-engineering, chemical biology or related field + 5 years industry experience
- Experience with genetic perturbation of mammalian cells (CRISPR, RNAi, ASO, lentiviral cell engineering, etc.) required
- Hands-on expertise in developing and executing cell-based assays including reporter gene assays, cell proliferation assays, FRET, luminescence, ELISA/MSD/Luminex, etc.
- Experience in target identification and validation preferred
- Experience with arrayed screening and comfort with laboratory automation is preferred.
- Strong experimental design, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and organizational skills to work as part of a team.
- Proven ability to think critically, adapt to new data, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment