What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship VL59, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company leveraging novel insights in RNA biology. Flagship VL59’s proprietary platform identifies novel disease targets and develops new therapeutic modalities targeting RNA, providing new strategies to treat or cure a range of diseases including rare genetic disease, neurological disease, and oncology.
Flagship VL59, Inc. was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a scientist level position in RNA biology to join our passionate team of scientists. The RNA biologist scientist position will have the unique opportunity to take an active role in creating a new modality and building our novel therapeutic platform. The role includes designing and building biological systems to model the mode-of-action of our novel therapeutics modalities. The position will also be responsible for designing, developing and optimizing molecular assays to robustly assess function of our new therapeutic modality.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. The candidate will be dedicated to develop and grow outside his/her comfort zone by constantly learning.
- Design, execution and troubleshooting of molecular biology/biochemistry assay to support the development of new modalities to advance our technologies and programs
- Develop NGS library construction protocol and data analysis pipeline to understand RNA structure and function relationship
- Analysis, interpretation, documentation and presentation of data to scientific and management team
- Oversee, mentor and train research associates
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature, attending
- conferences, and developing relationships with thought leaders
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team
- to creating, shaping and executing the scientific and strategic vision of the company
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biological Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated track record of achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals
- Background in RNA structure, function, and engineering
- Experience with next generation RNA sequencing is essential
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Confident, execution focused, team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with RNA purification techniques (size exclusion chromatography, reverse phase chromatography) is preferred