Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and important driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages Thanokines, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the Thanokines that are released. Thanokines can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that Thanokines play a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of a number of important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating Thanokine Biology for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to join our Immunology/Immuno-Oncology group, which is focused on identifying and prosecuting new targets and first-in-class drug concepts to treat serious diseases based on new insights into cellular turnover.
The ideal candidate will have experience in immunological in vitro and ex vivo analyses, to evaluate Inzen’s novel turnover-focused therapeutics. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to both develop key components of the platform and validate our proprietary design capabilities to rapidly advance our technology. A successful candidate should be able to demonstrate both an aptitude to immediately contribute in the lab and a strong desire for scientific and professional development.
- Work closely with scientists to source, design and execute in vitro immunological assays
- Develop and implement novel assays to evaluate immunological properties of Inzen’s proprietary therapies.
- Collaborate with other groups internally to execute on high priority projects
- Work independently to design, interpret and troubleshoot experiments and communicate results to the team
- Contribute culturally to a dynamic and rapidly growing research organization
- B.S or M.S. in Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering or related field with at least 2 years of laboratory experience in an industry and/or academic setting
- Strong experience with mammalian cell culture techniques is a requirement, including isolating, culturing and assaying primary human and murine immune cells, as well as perform ex vivo analyses such as T cell stimulation assays
- Experienced with a wide range of cellular and biochemical assays such as primary immune cell-based assays, flow cytometry, ELISA, ELISPOT and molecular biology
- Proficiency with basic molecular biology techniques including PCR, cloning, transfection and protein production/isolation a plus
- Familiarity with GraphPad Prism and FlowJo a plus
- Ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data and troubleshoot problems
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and strong communication skills
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.