Montai Health, a Flagship Pioneering Company, is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening. Montai Health was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Montai Health is seeking to hire an experienced Translational Biologist to help establish a biological testing and analysis pipeline for in vitro, small & large animal in vivo models. We are seeking a candidate with industry experience to join the Design Team at Montai Health to test biological hypotheses, establish a broad set of disease models, run and oversee proof of concept studies, and, ultimately, build preclinical data packages to enable clinical studies.
A successful candidate will have experience establishing and leveraging advanced disease models across a broad range of biology and leveraging cutting-edge multi-omics analytics to evaluate therapeutic efficacy. An ideal candidate would have experience in multiple areas of immunology, metabolism, cardiovascular, chronic & infectious disease, and oncology.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research, propose, and implement new disease models (Both in-house and w. CRO)
- Managing vivarium activities and creating IACUC protocols.
- Collaborating closely with R&D team to design and build new molecular product hypotheses.
- Collaborate with Discovery team to enable new data generation activities
- Execute in vivo and in vitro testing of molecular product candidates
- Analyze and interpret diverse biological data sets related to PK/PD, biomarker changes, gene-expression, and metabolomics.
- Ph.D. in biology, molecular biology, immunology or related discipline, with 5+ years of industry research preferred
- Extensive experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, or nutritional industries
- Deep expertise and demonstrated leadership in molecular and cellular biology research with experience in selecting and developing new biology disease programs in key areas of interest including metabolism, immunology, oncology, and others;
- Experience with broad set of molecular biology tools and analytical chemistry capabilities
- Experience managing multiple projects and balancing broad set of ongoing priorities and activities
- Experience executing on various animal and cell-based disease models across target disease areas
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly motivated and strong work ethic
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills.
Location: Cambridge, MA
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).