Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Scientist within the Analytical Development and Quality Control will be responsible for developing and performing molecular assays to characterize and release test DNA, RNA, and AAV. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to:
- Develop, qualify, and perform molecular assays (PCR, ELISA, biochemical assays) for Tessera’s Drug Substances and Drug Products
- Support routine analytical testing for vector biology and discovery, and process development teams
- Author technical documents including standard operating procedures, test methods, and technical reports
- Present data to cross-functional teams and contribute to discussion and investigations
- Accommodate arising team needs
- Ph.D/MSc in in Molecular Biology, biochemistry, genetics, virology, or related scientific fields
- Hands-on experience with qPCR, ddPCR, nucleic acid isolation, genomics, RNA sequencing, ELISA, and other biochemical assays
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple project.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to promote teamwork
- Good writing and communication skills
- Being thoughtful, independent, and collaborative
- Industrial experience in the field of AAV or other gene therapies
- Strong desire to make things happen and make a difference
- Flexibility to accommodate priority changes and deadlines
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).