Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Research Associate within Analytical Development and Quality Control will be responsible for tactics and execution of high throughput assays. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to:
- Design, implement and execute high throughput automated analytical assays for process samples
- Execute high throughput purification using liquid handling robotics
- Manages activities across several projects
- Manage sample submission, handling, and data reporting, and design tools to streamline the sample management process
- Perform data mining and trending tasks
- Support team as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Biochemistry, Biology, or related scientific fields
- Efficiency and organization, with ability to adhere to timelines and milestones.
- Proficiency in using Excel for data analysis, including writing scripts
- Being thoughtful, independent, and collaborative.
- Strong writing, communication and computer programming skills.
- Experience with Hamilton and/or Tecan liquid handlers would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to interface with multiple internal and external groups to successfully deliver projects
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and experience diagnosing problems in analytical platforms
- Strong desire to make things happen and make a difference
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).