Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach. Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years experience developing software in industry, or in academia with strong code quality standards. (No degree or major requirement.)
- Familiarity with python backend/server development and AWS DevOps/security best practices.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with both internal software and data science teams as well as external IT contractors.
- Commitment to building an inclusive team culture that supports and values contributions from all members, regardless of race, gender, background, etc.
- Curiosity to learn about new areas of science and biotechnology, whether or not you already have a background in this area.
- Work on a small but growing team, building infrastructure to support a biotech company developing a groundbreaking drug discovery platform.
- Help develop database, security and CI/CD infrastructure supporting software tools for internal users including biologists, chemists, data scientists, and for sharing data/results with external partners.
- Initial focus will be on supporting internal CI/CD and database infrastructure while coordinating with regulatory and compliance requirements. Longer-term projects will involve securely sharing data with external partners.
- Work with members of our software and data science teams to define project requirements.
- Coordinate development, and define security requirements with external IT vendors and regulatory/compliance experts.
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain production-quality code.
- Write and maintain documentation of design decisions and code.
- Work with software engineers to maintain and improve CI/CD infrastructure.