LARONDE is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. LARONDE has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
LARONDE was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
LARONDE is building world leading infrastructure to produce 1000s of its proprietary nucleic acid as a preclinical test agent. LARONDE is seeking a creative, motivated Principal Scientist to develop the scale-out process for preclinical test agents. The candidate will work closely with the process innovation team to tech. transfer process concepts and enable them for high throughput manufacture. The candidate will develop a plan to demonstrate consistency prior to deployment in scale-out production. The candidate will optimize enzymatic reactions as well as develop purification solutions that produce material of high quality and enable throughput. The candidate will interface with the scale-up process development team to ensure consistency in process between preclinical test agent and clinical supplies. The candidate will also interface with the analytical development teams to develop high throughput assays to characterize and release preclinical test agents. We are searching for driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform.
- Develop solutions for enzymatic reactions and chromatography that produce high quality preclinical test agents with high throughput
- Implement and optimize enzymatic reaction methods developed by the platform group
- Develop and deploy purification processes for drug substance and drug product
- Co-develop characterization methods with analytical team to assess quality of the material
- Work with the supply chain team to source raw materials and consumables that enable appropriate quality requirements
- Prepare reports and presentations that support process improvements and scale-out activities
- Work closely with the automation team to deploy liquid handler and co-develop custom robotics
- PhD+ 5 years industry experience, MS+10 years industry experience or equivalent in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, virology, biochemistry or related field
- 5-10 years of experience developing therapeutics-focused technology platforms
- Experience with developing strategic timelines and executing successful on corporate goals
- Expertise in nucleic acid synthesis, purification, manufacturing and/or delivery
- Expertise in enabling high throughput applications on liquid handler and custom robotics
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Strong management experience and success in developing a scientific team and program
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.