Laronde is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Laronde has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is seeking a creative, motivated Principal Scientist to establish and develop the scale-up process for IND enabling studies and clinical supplies. The candidate will develop purification approaches to produce drug substance and drug product of appropriate quality attributes. The candidate will interface with the scale-out process development team and analytical development teams to enable harmonization of processes for scale out (preclinical test agent) and scale up (clinical supplies). The candidate will also investigate the scalability of the process and a path to establishing a platform process across all programs. We are searching for driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform.
- Provide hands-on support in process development/scale-up of drug substance
- Co-develop a scale-up roadmap with the head of process development and technical development leadership
- Refine and deploy unit operations for enzymatic reactions; characterize enzymatic reactions using first principles
- Develop purification processes for drug substance and drug product
- Co-develop characterization methods with analytical team to assess quality of the material
- Work with the supply chain team to source resins of appropriate quality to meet regulatory requirements
- Prepare reports and presentations that support process improvements and scale-up activities
- Support IND enabling manufacturing batches
- Oversee and manage tech transfer activities to CDMO or to Phase 1 suites
- Build a process development group and support a culture of enabling an engaged pioneering mindset
- PhD+ 5 years industry experience, MS+10 years industry experience or equivalent in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, virology, biochemistry or related field
- 5-10 years of experience developing therapeutics-focused technology platforms
- Experience with developing strategic timelines and executing successful on corporate goals
- Expertise in nucleic acid synthesis, purification, manufacturing and/or delivery
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Strong management experience and success in developing a scientific team and program
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.