LARONDE is a biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. LARONDE has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
LARONDE was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
LARONDE is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire a Head of In Vivo Pharmacology and Animal Facility to join our organization.
We are seeking an experienced leader to assume responsibility for all in vivo pharmacology work and our animal care facility. The incumbent brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor, management experience and a desire to innovate breakthrough medicines.
- Design, execute and analyse in vivo pharmacology studies according to priorities of the disease areas and the platform group.
- Deliver preclinical in vivo proof of concept for new eRNA modalities and disease indications.
- Conduct studies and deliver in vivo pharmacology sections for IND packages to enable fast and seamless clinical development.
- Prioritize and communicate resource allocations and ensure that in vivo pharmacology studies are conducted timely and with highest quality possible.
- Take responsibility for the development of new animal models and implementation of state-of-the-art research methods in collaboration with disease area experts.
- Responsible for the operation of the animal care facility, in vivo pharmacology protocols and interactions with attending Vet and IACUC.
- Member of Research Leadership Team, accountable for department goals and communications to the disease areas.
- In collaboration with Disease Area leads, take responsibility for outsourcing of animal studies at CRO or research institutions.
- Ensure high quality documents for regulatory submissions, publications and timely filing of intellectual property on novel and inventive discoveries.
- Develop the talent pipeline through recruitment activities and being a mentor, coach and educational resource across LARONDE.
- Ph.D., DVM, MD or equivalent in in vivo pharmacology or related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience with in vivo pharmacology research and drug development, as evidenced by productive and successful program execution and/or publications.
- Experience with animal facility management, protocol writing and amendments, interactions with and chairing IACUC and attending Vet.
- Strong leadership and management skills, excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively.
- A high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for creating transformative medicines to patients with serious diseases.