Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate Biomedicines is looking for a motivated Scientist to be a part of our growing Platform Innovation group. This group develops state-of-the-art methods to boost the throughput of various biological and biochemical assays throughout the company. She/he will work as part of our team to design, perform, and optimize assays on our microfluidic platform. At the same she/he will creatively contribute to exciting new workflows, such as droplet-based DNA synthesis and protein expression. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of quantitative research, preferably combining high-throughput experimentation and theoretical/computational/statistical analysis. Communication with members of our Protein Science and Medicines teams will be key to conceive and implement solutions to produce game-changing new biological datasets. This is an opportunity to perform highly innovative method development with considerable intellectual freedom, while being part of the collaborative and world-class scientific environment of a well-funded biotech startup.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop of state-of-the art high-throughput modality-agnostic assays to study biophysical and biological properties of proteins.
- Generate bold, creative, and unconventional ideas.
- Work together with members of the Platform Innovation team and other teams to identify new opportunities for our microfluidics platform.
- Present ideas and data, and incorporate feedback, within a cross-functional setting
- Support proposed experiments with theoretical analysis, modeling, and literature review.
- Generate novel intellectual property and contribute to patent writing.
- Oversee, mentor, and train research associates within the team.
- BSc/MSc with 6+ years of relevant experience or PhD in a relevant science/engineering field (physics, biophysics, physical chemistry, biomedical engineering, or related discipline).
- Demonstrated expertise in implementation and application of microfluidic devices.
- Comfortable analyzing data using custom scripts in MatLab, Python, or similar programming language, and have experience with systems engineering software, such as LabVIEW
- Have a solid quantitative mindset and a strong scientific intuition.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and execute applied biology projects.
- Self-motivated and curious with a desire to learn from and teach others.
- Experience with basic molecular biology is preferred.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.