Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach. Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Scientist with expertise in gastrointestinal physiology and human organoid culture and model development to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel drug discovery. The candidate will be responsible for leading the drug development program by establishing organoid based models to validate therapeutic interventions. The candidate will also supervise interaction with in-vivo pharmacology group to design proof-of-concept experiments in relevant preclinical models to understand efficacy of therapeutic intervention. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists of the Cellarity team to initiate and support new therapeutic programs. They will be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be creative, independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be willing to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Establish and lead team of scientists to support drug development program
- Establish tissue and disease modeling capabilities using human organoids and associated technologies for a wide variety of tissues and diseases with special focus in intestinal physiology
- Work closely with our Digital Exploration and Development teams to identify translatable models to be developed in-house or through CRO relationships.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Design, perform, analyze, interpret, and report experimental results at company meetings.
- PhD in Cell Biology or related field, with 3+ years of relevant industry experience, proven track record of leading programs to lead development is a plus.
- Expert in gastrointestinal physiology and metabolism
- Expert in developing and running in vitro organoid models of differentiation and disease from intestinal tissues.
- Expert in in-vivo models for intestinal physiology and metabolism
- Proven hands-on experience with cell-based and molecular biology assays with a variety of readout technologies, such as, but not limited to flow cytometry, qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA, and high-content imaging.
- Experience independently generating and analyzing impactful, robust, and reliable data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, highly-organized with strong attention to detail, and desire to learn new skills.
- Motivated and excited about biological discovery and assay development.