Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Research Associate will be responsible for the supporting the team through execution of various molecular and biology protocols. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform.
- Following molecular cloning protocols for DNA assembly, including Gibson assembly and Golden Gate reactions
- Performing molecular biology assays and techniques, including PCR and gel electrophoresis
- Preparing nucleic acids for high-throughput quantitative PCR and sequencing
- Preparation of LB broth, autoclaving and standard lab operations.
- Design, execution, and troubleshooting of experiments as well as data analysis
- Maintaining lab notebooks and reporting data and analysis results to the scientific team
- M.S. or B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field with 2+ years of research experience.
- Experience in molecular biology.
- Extensive DNA assembly experience preferred
- Experience with lab automation like use of Hamilton, Bravo, Tecans preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment.
- Strong experimental skills, including molecular cloning and nucleic acid manipulation.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated, curious, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).