Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
Montai Health was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, funds, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies.
Montai Health is seeking an experienced leader for the Global Strategy, Marketing and Business Development activities. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with the scientific team to shape the company’s future. We are looking for a confident leader to create a vision of our success and an operational plan with a clear pipeline and value creation programs. A successful candidate will develop Marketing Plans for early-stage assets and develop plans with clear business models. They will connect the company externally by assessing competitive landscape and activities. The ideal candidate will have experience in creating partnerships, programs and activities with commercial, government or manage care partners. Embraces our team culture of collaboration, optimism and can-do attitude.
Key responsibilities include:
- DEVELOP MONTAI’s VISION, MISSION, DIFFERENTIATED POSITIONING. Ensure the Montai story is clear and successfully communicated and positioning understood internally and externally.
- COMMERCIAL ASSESSMENT: Evaluate lead solution candidates potential, market opportunity, and benchmarks. Work directly with the Design, Discovery and Delivery team on the prioritization and creation of a robust pipeline.
- DEFINE DEVELOPMENT/REGULATORY/HEALTH ECONOMIC PACKAGE REQUIREMENTS for each key project based on clear Target Product Profile (TPP).
- LEADS OUR COMPETITIVE SURVEILLANCE EFFORT. Helps all to understand the landscape of existing competitors and define our differentiation strategy
- ESTABLISH ROUTE TO MARKET / PARTNERSHIPS: determine best route to market (self or partnering) for first pipeline priorities and create concrete operational plans. Develop external relationship with potential partners (strategic, financials…). Create options for the company including modelling financial options.
- VALUE CREATION PROJECTION: develop value creation projection based on pipeline and potential of the company. Put together an investor deck to be continually update.
- + 15 years of experience in Healthcare in Senior Strategic and Management Roles,
- International and US experience,
- Extensive experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, or nutritional industries.
- Experience in pioneering categories, range of products
- Partnership / BD / Deal experience,
- Broad Marketing experience in managing brands in health care.
- Ideally FMCG and Pharma experience
- Multiple business Model experience
- Strategic / Pipeline Marketing experience
Profile – Skills
- Leadership and Drive – Independent strategic thinker but hands-on Manager
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced work environment, highly motivated, strong work ethic
- Strong verbal, written communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Agility and Change management
- Team spirit – succeeds thanks to team
Location: Cambridge, MA or Remote location with commitment to Travel.
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology (NASDAQ: SANA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model!
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.