Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach.
Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Scientist with expertise in assay development, scaling and optimization. The successful candidate will join the Platform and Assay Development team to develop robust disease assays to test data-driven hypotheses across multiple therapeutic areas. Further, the candidate will independently validate assays and modify accordingly for scaled, high-throughput profiling. The candidate will work in a cross-functional and dynamic environment to initiate and support new therapeutic programs and contribute to the development of Cellarity’s AI-based drug discovery platform. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal oriented, have excellent communication skills, be excited to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Work closely with the different therapeutic teams and provide expertise for the development of appropriate profiling assays
- Work closely with Cellarity’s AI and Technology teams to validate disease models and test novel therapeutic approaches based on cell behavior
- Design and critique fit-for-purpose experiments to enhance Cellarity’s cell behavior platform
- Identify new strategies and methodologies to model disease-driving cell behavior
- Work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development
- Design, perform, analyze, interpret, and report experimental results at company meetings
- Supervise and train 1-2 research associates and interns
- PhD in biology or related field, with 2-6 years of relevant industry experience, or MSc with a minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience
- Proven hands-on experience with a variety cell-based and molecular biology readout technologies, such as FACS, qPCR, Nanostring, ELISA, high-content and confocal imaging
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- The candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills, be highly organized and demonstrate curiosity, scientific rigor and problem-solving skills
- Experience with automation and liquid handling technologies
- Working knowledge of genome editing tools such as CRISPR-Cas9
- Knowledge of single cell sequencing technologies
- Experience with cell sorting and with 3D culture systems, such as organoids