Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Senior Manager, Program Manager will have a critical role in the company’s effort to advance drug discovery and development programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing strong leadership and expertise to drive the project teams to execute on deliverables and milestones. S/he will partner with the Project Leaders to manage a multi-disciplinary project team comprised of representatives from various functions including Technical Development, Translational, and Manufacturing to rapidly advance drug discovery projects.
We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
- The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to create, manage, and track the execution of project plans and strategy
- Provide high-quality project management support to a portfolio of drug discovery projects from target ideation to IND
- Drive agenda topics in collaboration with the Project Leader, capture minutes, action items, decisions for cross-functional team meetings
- Manage, monitor, and track project timelines, deliverables, milestones, and metrics
- Partner with Finance to establish and manage budget and resourcing plans
- Develop and manage project schedules for functional areas (e.g. CMC) in collaboration with functional leads / SMEs as needed
- Working in collaboration with Head of Rare Disease Program Strategy and Operations, will define, establish and maintain the project management tools and systems
- Ensure efficient and effective communications of program/project related information to all levels of the organization
- Promote and foster a positive team culture and facilitate team communication and transparency
- BS or MS with 3-5 years of experience in the life sciences industry, with 1-3 years of demonstrated project management experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of drug discovery and preclinical development
- Strong interpersonal, strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills; demonstrated matrix leadership skills and ability to develop strong relationships with cross-functional team members
- Strong management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in program management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, etc)
- Ability to adapt to modification and changes in project plans, with demonstrated flexibility to implement new tactics to accommodate changes
- PMP certification
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).