Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking a (Senior)/Scientist – RNA engineering. This person will optimize RNA for therapeutic use. The ideal candidate will have experience with CRISPR/Cas9 mRNA delivery and chemical modification of gRNAs. The (Senior)/Scientist will lead the conceptualization, design and execution of robust experiments to develop a platform improving RNA stability and delivery in relevant cell lines and primary cells.
- Lead the optimization of various RNAs for therapeutic use in relevant cell models.
- Design, prepare, and optimize RNAs including sequence modifications and nucleotide modifications with an understanding of biological processes.
- Implement cell screening approaches to test designs at scale using lab automation
- Design and execute robust laboratory experiments, interpret data, communicate findings, and maintain high-quality records.
- Contribute to scientific discussions and strategic collaborations with academic or industrial partners aimed at advancing Tessera’s technology.
- Participate in devising Tessera’s research strategies with a focus on intellectual property protection.
Require Skills & Qualifications:
- Ph.D. with specialization in Genome Editing, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, or equivalent scientific discipline.
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 optimization for activity in vitro and in vivo
- Experience with the design and functional assessment of chemical modifications of CRISPR Cas9 gRNAs
- Experience with mRNA sequence and nucleotide modifications and its impact on expression, localization and immunogenicity is a plus
- Familiarity with cell screening approaches and the use of laboratory automation is a plus
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).