Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Biochemistry team is seeking a Senior Research Associate that will be responsible for supporting the team through execution of various molecular biology and biochemistry protocols. The successful candidate should be collaborative, communicative, and passionate about working with proteins that will mediate the next generation of genetic medicines. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that is driving the development of a novel platform of Gene Writing.
- Perform routine molecular biology techniques including cloning, PCR, DNA and RNA extraction, plasmid preparation, and in vitro transcription
- Express proteins in both E. coli and mammalian systems
- Carry out protein purification using AKTA FPLC
- Characterize protein preparations using biochemical and molecular assays
- Purification of RNA or DNA from enzymatic reactions
- Time management of multiple projects while keeping excellent records of experimental results
- Contribute and participate in the design and troubleshooting of experiments
- Work and communicate within a highly collaborative and dynamic team of researchers and scientists
- M.S. or B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field with 3-5 years of experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to be agile and comfortably work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience keeping a lab notebook, reporting experimental results, and working within a team
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical research experience using an ELN and molecular biology software
- Experience with protein production and purification, preference to AKTA FPLC training
- Knowledge about enzymology and experience carrying out binding and/or activity assays
- Familiarity with different types of native and denaturing gels and western blotting
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).